SciApps Basics and Logging In¶
SciApps leverages CyVerse Agave API and Data Store for efficient data transfer, analysis, and management across heterogeneous systems. A CyVerse account is required to access these systems.
Some things to remember about the platform
- Sample datasets are available under the ‘example’ tab. These datasets are prepared for the public workflows (CyVerse credentials required for browsing)
- More sample datasets are available under the ‘shared’ tab (CyVerse credentials required). From there, sample datasets for most apps are available in the Data Store ‘/iplant/home/shared/iplantcollaborative/example_data/’
Logging into SciApps¶
Access the SciApps website at https://www.SciApps.org/
Click on ‘Login’ (from the top navigation bar), you will be directed to the CyVerse Authentication Service page
Enter your CyVerse username and CyVerse password, you will be redirected back to SciApps if successfully authenticated
To log out of SciApps and CyVerse, you need to click on ‘Logout’ from the top navigation bar. Additionally, job histories in the right panel will be discarded after closing or refreshing the browser tab. To load them back to the History panel, click on ‘Workflow’, then ‘My jobs’
Access SciApps Without Logging In¶
Without logging in, you cannot view data in CyVerse Data Store, submit analysis jobs, or save workflows. You can however preview applications and public workflows.
- Access the SciApps website at https://www.SciApps.org/
- To preview the SciApps and their parameters, load any App by clicking on the App name in Apps panel (left panel)
- To preview public workflows, click “Workflow” on the menu at the top of the page. Select ‘Public workflows’ (workflow templates) to preview.
Fix or improve this documentation
- Search for an answer: |CyVerse Learning Center|
- Ask us for help: click |Intercom| on the lower right-hand side of the page
- Report an issue or submit a change: |Github Repo Link|
- Send feedback: Tutorials@CyVerse.org